Thursday, February 25, 2010

OLYMPIC FEVER - GO CANADA!

Ok, I've officially become obsessed with this year's Olympics. I don't know if it's because Canada has a better chance at winning medals in Winter sports, or if it's because it's in Vancouver. I think it's a little bit of both. Either way, I've been tuning in every day and watching every Olympic event (more or less); and I'm telling you, I'm obsessed, and definitely a proud Canuck. Just ask my friends and check my Twitter page ;)

All week, CTV has been asking everyone what their most memorable Olympic moment of these games were. Here are a few of mine:

1) Alexandre Bilodeau wins first Olympic Gold Medal on home turf
2) Joannie Rochette skates in the short program after learning her mother died suddenly just two days prior
3) Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir win Gold in Ice Dancing
4) Ashleigh McIvor wins Gold in the first ever Women's Ski-Cross event at the Olympics
5) Team Canada wins Gold in Women's Hockey over the US

It's day 14, and there's still many a medals to be had. Hopefully, the boys will win gold in hockey on Sunday - then we can truly say we are a HOCKEY NATION!! GO CANADA GO!

Oh yeah, now that you know my most memorable moments, what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment